An Intro to Therapy Dogs Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
People and Animal Wellbeing Services delivers animal assisted therapies as a way of supporting Mental Health, Education and emotional regulation. We believe that the animals we work with should enjoy the work they do and are given the choice to engage.
This workshop introduces professionals wishing to work with their dog into the world of Animal Assisted Interventions.
The online 4 hour workshop will explore:
- The laws and regulations around Animal Assisted Therapy
- What is an Animal Assisted Intervention?
- Ethical practice and understanding the dogs needs
- Who can offer Animal Assisted Interventions?
- Training the dog or training the handler?
- Dog temperament/assessment considerations
- What's your next step?
- An intro to dog body language
26th of June 10-2pm GMT Cost £80
Discounts offered for multiple course bookings - please see our other courses. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
- Intro to Therapy dog Workshop£80£800£0